Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Itchy and Scratchy Show

Well, it's been a week- guess what- i'm still pissed off about my situation. Surprise!
I won't go into it though. You all know how I feel.
Since last we saw the fearless cancer warrior- she was feeling sorry for herself.
New, just annoying developments since... I've developed hives from the antibiotics I was on for my incision infection. I broke out on Friday night and have been breaking out every 5-8 hours over the last 4 days. I went to the ER (didn't want to) because I was nauseous and throwing up any medicine I took, even on a sip of water.
Spent a couple of hours at the hospital, got an IV, some benadryl, zofran and steroids. That held me over long enough to eat but didn't keep away the hives. I haven't slept overnight since Thursday.
Last night I took a 3am trip to Wal-mart because it seemed like a better idea to get something done rather than to sit at home, in the dark and scratch myself silly. I was keeping my hands busy doing something other than think about my itchies. I made myself happy by getting Iron Man 2 (RDJ is my celeb crush) and got a CD.
A little 'Rachel' trip while I was shopping for grocery necessities.
I've broken out I don't know how many times and my Claritin and Benadryl and prednisone aren't doing much for me.
Just deal.
I actually DID get some sleep today but I don't want my days and nights mixed up... it seems to be heading that direction. Thank God for late night episodes of Jackass. Keeps me sane.
I'm gonna have to straighten them out before I head back to work. I'd LIKE to do it sooner than that.
If it's not one thing- it's another, ya know?
So that is the low-down on what's happening now. Nothing exciting, maybe not even noteworthy.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh your brave to go to Walmart by yourself at 3 in the morning......I only go out when it is light outside....lol
    Hope those hives go away soon, you don't need any more on your plate right now.
    Keeping you in my prayers.......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete