Wednesday, December 28, 2011

for my Sister (guest blogger - Micki)


Sleep My Sister
© T. Hutchinson 

I wish you sweet sleep, my sister dear.
Although there's so much that you've left bare
I hate that you had to endure such pain
On my mind, your saddened eyes have left a stain.

I want to know what crossed your mind
Unspoken words you've left behind
Undone things we'll never do
No sharing thoughts you never knew.

A peace has fallen upon your head
A taste of sorrow we have been fed
It really is like a hole in our lives
One swiftly dug but carved out by knives.

But I have hope that those sleeping will rise
The Bible says that God will open their eyes.
No suffering, sickness, yes not even pain,
Those who did good, eternal life they'll gain.

So... sleep on my sister, sleep tight
For now with you the sky is night.
But after night will come daybreak
Therefore I will wait hoping to see you awake.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Micki I have thought of you and your family so often, my heart was with you throughout the funeral and especially over Christmas. I am so sorry for all that has happened, I am glad knowing that Rachel is no longer in pain but my heart aches for her daughters and all those who knew and loved her. When my husband and son died I thought I would die too, in fact I wanted too but I didn't, in fact I lived to fight my battle with breast cancer, Although life is not fair at times it is still good. I know you will love Vera and Iris and tell them about their mom, I also know you will grow and learn from all that has happened. As hard as it is to see now eventually you will see the blessings in all of this and yes someday I believe we will see those who have passed before us again. The good memories and the love will live forever. Keeping you all in my heart and prayers always......:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Micki! Wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Micki and family, I am posting today because Rachel has been my doppelganger. A sister from another mother. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Signet Ring Cell Adenocarcinoma on 9th December 2009. I have read Rachels blog for the past few months. I discovered cyber-world cancer support only recently. Thank goodness. Rachel will not be forgotten, her writing has informed and helped me immensely. I am a 45yr old single mum, my son has just turned eight and i have two older daughters 22 & 18. But if beautiful Rachel can still smile in a photo with her 3 and 5yr old girls so can I. After a short period of remission since my 16 rounds of chemo and two surgeries, the medical intervention is about to heat up again for me. But I am so much better prepared thanks to Rachel and a few other genuine bloggers. I am going to meet Rachel one day soon and I can't wait to thank her. Be very proud of your Average Jane, she is Wonder Woman in disguise. Much love to you all, Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete