Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 22nd - Lynch Syndrome Hereditary Cancer Awareness Day

Guest blogger - Micki

Today is March 22nd Lynch Syndrome Hereditary Cancer Awareness Day.  Proclamations signed by Ohio and West Virginia Governors along with several other states. 

Rachel started this project last year, she had letters for supporters to sign at Relay for Life and send to Columbus.  Rachel wanted to bring awareness to this horrible diagnosis.  With the help of friends and family Rachel's goal was achieved.  Her childhood friend, Aryn, submitted the proclamation to West Virginia and it was signed in enough time to get a mention on a local tv morning show.  Mom and I handed out Lynch Syndrome informational pamphlets to general practitioners, gynecologic practice, Veteran's Affairs, physician's assistant program and cancer care center.  Because of Rachel's efforts and legacy more families will be better prepared to prevent Lynch cancers.

~Micki, the big sister.

6 comments:

  1. Well done, Rachel would be so happy and proud for all that her family and friends have done. Hope you all are doing well, I so miss her sharp wit and blog post, I can only imagine how you all must miss her. Praying her daughters are healthy and happy....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, Cheryl, Lisa and Carole are all with me each and every day. Connectedness has never been so clear to me. Thinking of you all. Love Juanita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thank you so much for your lovely comment. I didn't win but I'm still trying to improve my blog every day! And of course I will pop over to your blog, I love to see new bloggers and what they are doing to the blog sphere!
    Beauty Supply
    Meditation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was finding out same things on different place. Finally get it from your blog site. So thanks for your post & hope to visit again for more valuable contents. white noise app

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I'm Lindsey! I have a question and would love to speak with you. Please email me when you have a chance, thanks so much!! lindseyDOTcaldwellATrecallcenterDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Rachel, I've made it 5 years. Today I'm thinking of my friends who have passed before me. I hope you are enjoying the cosmos and keeping a close eye on your family from above. I won't forget anyone. Dan

    ReplyDelete