Sunday, August 2, 2009

I never knew

I had so many friends.

The benefit last night was crazy! Crazy Fun that is. Amber (Little) Guthrie was the ringleader of the whole thing. She was amazing! She put so much work into it that it HAD to be a success. I really don't know if there are stronger, more appropriate words than THANK YOU for all she's done- and for all the work, time, money and effort others put into the whole thing.
It blows me away that so many that I went to elementary school with came out to help... people I haven't seen in at least 15 years or people I see in passing once a year or so come out of the woodwork to help. I will forever be paying forward all the good deeds afforded me. I so hope I am the person that everyone believes deserved such kindness.
Why is it that cancer is easier for me to accept than charity? I think it's because I don't feel worthy of all the kindness. I don't feel like I've made that much of a mark on anything, let alone anyone other than my children I guess. I always just figured myself a regular "Jane" just getting by. But last night it hit home... or just slapped me in the face. One person said "We all grew up together- we're like brothers and sisters. We just haven't seen each other for a long time." And my heart just melted. I'd ALWAYS felt that way- I just really didn't think anyone else did- or felt that way about me at least.
It is easy for me to hold back tears of pain, but tears of gratitude seem to flow like the Amazon. I just can't say Thank You enough.
I want to thank everyone individually- but I would surely leave someone out and I would feel terrible if I did. Let's just say- you know who you are.
Thank you all so very much. It means the world to me that you think I am so deserving. I will do everything in my power to pass it on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment