Monday, July 27, 2009

Round 1... done

I got the chemo today- it actually didn't take as long as I thought it would, but I'm still hooked up to one that I have to carry in a not-so-fashionable Fanny Pack until Wednesday..... I would point and laught at myself. >:) I guess there was a problem with the input part of the port- the needle would take blood but not push the meds in so they had to re-stick the port (right on my incision from putting the port in) and re-stick it again in the same spot. Admittedly... I cried. It was more aggravating than painful, but they had to push around on the incision to find the port markers on my already tender chest. Ther nurses were really apologetic about it so I'm not mad at them... it's the stupid cancer that pisses me off. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't have to worry about them sticking my port. (does that sound dirty?)
I am not sick from the chemo today. I was just tired. I took a nap there and watched Kathy Lee Gifford and friend make idiots of themselves on TV. WHO PAYS THOSE 2 TO HAVE A SHOW??? OMG I could do SOOO much better.. grrrrr. Give me HALF of what they make and I'll give you a better show 10 times over!! arrrggh!
I'm feeling one of the side effects from one of the meds- cold sensitivity. I feel minty fresh. That's the only way to describe it. If you've ever chewed spearmint or peppermint gum and then drank cold water you know what I'm talking about. I can't drink Iced or real cold drinks nor can I handle cold anything without gloves or else it feels like a cold burn.
I also talked to the Nurse Practitioner about genetic something or other. Evidently it's a DNA mutation of a couple of genes which caused this. So I have to get further testing to confirm it and to be able to find the same mutation in my girls and other blood family if they have it.

To Recap: I have a DNA mutation and Cold is now my weakness. Shouldn't I have Mutant Powers now????
Should be something like Pyro Powers- to start fires, since cold is my weakness... Or maybe I could just be a hairless catwoman. I'm sure they don't like the cold either.

Not Fair. I want my mutant powers NOW!!!

Of course it would suck if i was supposed to be "Appendix Girl!!!" Because I no longer have one. That would be my luck.

Excelsior!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment