Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Monday

Monday, May 25, 2009 at 8:34pm Edit Note Delete
Ugh- Day five. They are still waiting for my insides to get with the program if you know what I mean. That seems to be all the doctors want to know.I still haven't seen the surgeon who actually performed my resection. I SHOULD see him tomorrow- along with the Oncologist. I may have to have a blood transfusion because my hemoglobin levels haven't been anywhere near where they should be. The "on Call" doctors for the weekend haven't had the balls to make a call one way or the other. I can't wait to have an actual DOCTOR taking my case and acting on it.(from what I've heard- the On Duty doctors don't like making decisions for other doctor's patients.. like they're stepping on toes)I've been stuck more times than I can count- for IVs, blood draw, for heparin shots and so on. Most of the time it takes 3 or more sticks to get an IV started. Rolling, tiny veins is what they say. I guess I should get used to that- chemo will be a hayride..The incision on my belly is about 4 inches long-- they left my bellybutton alone, kinda.. but they said they went in between my ab muscles to dig around. No wonder I feel like I went 10 rounds with Rocky Balboa.I want to find out how soon I can start chemo since they told me that they found more nodules on the inside of my abdomen wall... and that they biopsied some of them, but there were a lot- too many to cut out so they left them in the hopes that chemo will kill them. The silver lining being that there wasn't any sign that the cancer had spread to my lungs or liver which is supposedly where the "Signet Cell Adenocarcinoma" likes to go after wrecking the first organ it gets a hold of.I can't help but think/feel like I'm just rotting from the inside out. And I am seriously on about tomorrow. That's when test results should be back and from the sounds of it- it isn't good. NO test results for the past 2 weeks have been anywhere near good.. more like the other end of the spectrum.I just want some friggin' GOOD news for a change- Maybe tomorrow is my day. This shit's gotta turn around sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment