Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Appendiceal Cancer it is..

I talked with my family doctor last night... yes- she gave me her home phone number- how wonderful is SHE? I am very sure not to abuse it though :)
After all the appointments and so on at OSUMC, they've called it Colon Cancer... but to be more exact- my doc said all the pathology signs point to the appendix. That is IS Appendiceal Cancer. (still in the Colorectal Cancer "family") I guess it's just for conversation's sake because it's still Signet Ring Cell Adenocarcinoma which is DISMAL if you look at the numbers. (I have to remember to NOT look at the numbers- they are from 11 YEARS AGO!!!) Does it REALLY matter where it came from? Does it matter if a serial killer is from Chicago or A SUBURB of Chicago... For my own sanity- I'll say Appendiceal Cancer though. I was so tired and aggravated at reading all this crap about colon cancer being "the most preventable cancer if you just eat right- no animal fat and TONS of veggies and take care of yourself and exercise and blah, blah, blah." It's all over the literature you read AFTER you are diagnosed with colon cancer. I don't believe it- but that little jerk that sits in the back of my head (Mr. Self- Doubt) kept saying "oooh, you know you wouldn't have colon cancer if you would have just been a vegetarian. ha ha- YOUR fault!!" I hate that guy. So with it technically being appendiceal cancer I can slap him in the face and shut him up.

1 comment:

  1. Take care Rachel. I've have metastatic adenocarcinoma of the appendix stage IV, grade 3 since Oct. of 2008. You are not alone. Be a strong self advocate. There is a network of survivors through appendix-cancer.org, I think. Dianne

    ReplyDelete