Friday, December 10, 2010

On My Way

It's been hectic to say the least- the last week. Getting back into the groove at work- still haven't found it yet- and working on Christmas stuff. We just got the tree up on Wednesday.
Hm, Let me just do things in order:
There was a lot of hub bub about the CT scan and contrast and no contrast blah, blah, blah. It all boils down to the people scheduling the CT scan don't know what it entails... they just do the scheduling and don't bother to get any knowledge that MIGHT save patients time and energy. I digress- and I'm not even going to get into it.
Got my CT scan on Monday- Had the report sent to Dallas for the surgeon to look at. I overnighted the disc. Everything was there on Tuesday as far as I know but the doc had an emergency and was out of town until Thursday. My surgery date was tentatively the 14th- after meeting with the surgeon on the 13th but I wasn't going to hold my breath because when I do, nothing ever turns out like it should. Great track record.
Needless to say that since I couldn't make any concrete plans like securing a flight and help, that the dates turned out to be a go for sure on Thursday morning. Short notice, but at least it's getting done. I'm trying to be an optimist instead of irritated.
So, I will be leaving for Dallas once again this Sunday. My Dad is going with me this time because it is a surgery and he won't let me go by myself.
Surgery on Tuesday should be very minimal and require just and overnight stay if that... then they want me in town for a few days after that. I will be back in Ohio on Saturday the 18th.
After this I wait for the vaccine to be made. It should be about 4-6 weeks- then a return to Dallas for a dose. My Navy Budm Jason calls it 'Antivenom.' That's about right.
I hate jumping in and out of work but I think they understand and they aren't giving me any grief about it.
Right now I am jumping to a million things in order to get out of town without catastrophe following in my wake and staying here for me to come home to.
just a plain old post, trying to keep you in the know.
More later. I'll probably have something colorful to say on the flights to Dallas.

More later....

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Rachel, so glad your dad will be with you. Keeping you in my prayers....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete