Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Part 3

Had surgery yesterday. It was forever getting into the OR, I was wanting a huge bottle of water. Surgery was scheduled for 11:30 but I didn't even get in until after 2.
Wasn't the doctor- I guess the earlier surgery in the same OR went over.
It was a short surgery, I was 'awake' by 3. I know have a belly button again. it's kind of high but who cares? I really did it for Iris.
This recovery of course is way easier. No NG tube, no bowel prep or anything of the sort. I'm just sore on the belly and that will probably just be for a couple more days. I didn't even get staples- he used glue.
I have high hopes for all this stuff to work. I have to do some planning and saving for the shots though- $2000 each shot unless I get some grants to take the total pricetag down.
Well, that's all there is right now.
I will be talking with Dr. Kuhn about how it all went, if there's anything to tell, I'll let you know.

Hugs

2 comments:

  1. So glad its over and you sound pretty good for all you have been through, Keeping you in my prayers.......:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading your whole journal. WOW! Very emotional.
    You are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete