Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Off To Italy

It is Wednesday and I am writing this from the airport. Patiently waiting to board the flight to JFK Airport and then to Italy.
My sister and I are flying into Venice and are planning on seeing most of the country... Florence, Naples, Pisa, Pompei, Rome... I know there is more than that- but we've got 10 days, so we'll do our best.
I'm excited! I dropped off the girls this morning and got a little misty-eyed... Iris was fine and Vera didn't even notice, she was too busy playing kitchen. I kinda prefer it that way. I'd be a blubbering mess if they started crying when I left- it's MUCH harder that way.
That will be the hardest part of this trip... missing the girls. I'm watching a couple of twin girls here in the airport bounce around, spill stuff and goof off and I'm already missing them.
I will have fun- but I can't put my whole heart into the trip because half my heart is home with the girls. I'm just lucky to have recent pictures of them to bring with me. <3

Checking off my bucket list whether I need to or not.

2 comments:

  1. I know you and your sister are in Italy as I read this post and I am so happy for you. Have a wonderful time, your girls will have a great time and you will all enjoy each other even more when you get home. This trip of a lifetime is one that I have on my bucket list.....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because it's on the bucket list, doesn't mean it has to be the end yet! When you get home check out this blog: http://www.healingcancernaturally.net/mystory.html
    as she is using PolyMVA to keep herself in remission along with some other things..... blessings for a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete