Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rachel and TX vs. Cancer- Part 4?

I'm leaving today for Texas again.
My plane HOPEFULLY heads out @ 6pm. I hope the weather cooperates so I can at least get out of Ohio. It's looking bad.
What sucks is that the screening for the vaccine HAS to happen on a Wednesday so I can get the shot on Monday. The weather better not screw me out of a week or maybe the hospital can just accommodate a later time.
This HAS to be done ASAP- I'm not waiting. If I have to rent a damn car and drive down I will.
So this last weekend my sister and I had a party. Well- she had a party for me. That's how it worked out. A LOT of people showed up. It was a girlie party- Wasn't supposed to be a birthday party, just a party that happened to be around my birthday. I don't want presents, just wanted to have a get together. ANYWAY- my sister got me a cake with Robert Downey Jr. on it. It said "Happy Birthday Gorgeous. XOXO Robert." Too funny. He even looks good on icing. Though he probably looks better with icing on HIM.

What was I talking about?

Oh yeah- the party was a success. One friend gave me pearls- a necklace, bracelet and earrings. She works at a jewelry store and heard me talk about them one time I was in. She's been plotting for a while. I got a lot of cards. Though I didn't need anything at all except for people to come to the party.
Sunday I felt like crap most of the day. (not from drinking either) Then wallowed in it. That's one of the reasons I go to work. It gets me out of bed and cleaned up and moving. I don't think about 'IT' all the time.
That night, Mom had many birthday dinner for Me, My sister Micki and my brother Luke.
I'm catching hell from Mom and Micki because they think I'm not eating. The painkillers lessen your appetite, I don't eat as much as I used to, or as often, and I TRY to make better choices. Plus, I have CANCER- That helps a little in the weight loss. I have plenty to lose anyway. Thought I am still eating thank you very much.
Last night my Dad, sister and I went to Outback for dinner (b-day) and some anonymous customer paid for my meal. I have no idea who it was- I didn't see anyone I knew. What a nice present. Wish I knew who it was though.

So today I have to get packed and get outta Dodge. Dad is driving me to the airport- I'm sure I will be putting my notebook computer to good use and reading the book Cheryl got me AND for a departure from the cancer talk- I'll be reading "My first five husbands, and the ones that got away" by Rue McLanahan.

I'll keep you all in the loop. It may end up being a road trip.
But-
Whatever it takes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Wishing you a safe trip to Texas. I lived in Dallas for 11 years before moving to Boston :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godspeed, Rachel! Travel peacefully, enjoy the journey--don't obsess about the destination.

    Sheboygan Dan

    ReplyDelete