Tuesday, July 6, 2010

2 in one day! Inconceiveable!

I feel a little like Roscoe P. Coletrain... Good News, Good News!
All geeked up.
My "Danger Zone" ringer went off this afternoon.
Dr. Goodman called me. He said he thinks I am a great candidate for the MOAS and said that when I am ready to schedule- to call the office. I told him that I have been doing the FOLFIRI chemo with Avastin, so it would be at least 8 weeks from last monday before I could have the surgery. He suggested I stop the IV chemo all together to be totally 'healthy' for the surgery. Of course healthy, aside from the cancer and all.
SO- Hooray for no chemo for now. Hooray for a fighting chance. The first I could have the surgery is August 23. I'm mulling over the dates for now.

THAT's my good news. I wanted to jump through the phone and hug him.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so pumped for you! That's awesome! Just a little sad that when I clicked to comment, the music stopped. :( Love Top Gun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel!!! I am so crying right now! What wonderful news Sister! Oh my!!!! Wonderful WONDERFUL news!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete