Friday, July 9, 2010

Looking ahead.

The next couple of months are quickly getting jam-packed. That's perfectly fine with me. I will be taking a little jaunt to Missouri for a weekend at the end of this month, will be heading to New York sometime in August and then Italy the first of September.
Will probably schedule surgery for late September. I wouldn't be able to do Italy anytime soon after surgery anyway. My uncle John was heading that direction and invited me along. My big WANT TO see is Rome and the Colosseum and Pantheon. Then The Leaning Tower of Pisa. I'd love to see Venice, but it's a little out of the way.
I'm excited to go. Feel a little guilty that I want to do a lot of stuff solo. It's kind of a zen thing I guess. I just might sit outside a restaurant and people watch for a couple of hours. Do a lot of reflecting in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. (I imagine it is- will let you know :) I don't want to reflect too much. I'm not cracked up about spending the day crying or anything.
Besides- when I get back it will be enough of a wake up call to get the MOAS. Wherever I decide to have it. I can only imagine how bad it will put me on my ass (no pun intended). The last 2 surgeries were only 4 hours and they didn't remove anything but 'samples'. So I'd imagine that if they have to strip my peritoneal lining (something mentioned by Dr. Goodman) that will suck. eh. The whole thing will suck. But a necessary suckage. If my 'expectancy' goes from less than a year to even just 2 more years, it will be worth it. ANY extra time I can spend with the girls is worth it. And the fact that I will have seen New York and Italy will make it even sweeter. I won't be feeling some crazy itch to NEED to go anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment